If you observe a crime in progress, observe behavior that you suspect is criminal or unusual, or are a victim of crime, immediately call 911 to notify the law enforcement agency in your area. Report as much information as possible including:
- What the person is doing.
- Where it is happening.
- What the person looks like and a description of what that the person is wearing.
- Were weapons involved and if so what kind (gun, knife, club, etc.).
- If they are in a car, what is the vehicle description and license number.
- When you last saw the person(s) and what direction they went.
- Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the person(s) involved. If possible, and if you feel comfortable doing so, stay on the telephone with the dispatcher or officer and provide additional information as changes occur in the situation until the first officer arrives at your location.